Privacy & Cookies Policy
- 1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- 2. COLLECTION OF YOUR SOURCE IP ADDRESS/LOCATION INFORMATION
- 3. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS OR USING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA LOGON
- 4. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
- 5. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH SURVEYS, SWEEPSTAKES AND PROMOTIONS
- 6. COLLECTION OF THIRD PARTY PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH TELL-A-FRIEND FEATURE
- 7. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- 8. USE OF YOUR LOCATION INFORMATION
- 9. COMBINATION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 10. WHEN WE CAN SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- 11. ACCESSING & CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 12. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 13. USE AND OPERATION OF OUR WEBSITE
- 14. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- 15. ASSIGNMENT
- 16. POLICY CHANGES AND GETTING MORE INFORMATION
Last Updated: Oct 11, 2017
Your privacy is as important to us as it is to you! We treat the information you provide us (such as your name or email – aka “Personal Information” as further defined below) with the highest level of integrity and responsibility. This policy describes what we collect, what we do with it and how you can manage it, plus some information about how the site operates and the security safeguards we have in place.
The policies below are applicable to data and information collected through the website (including any versions optimized for viewing on a wireless or tablet device) (“Website”), all email newsletters published or distributed by Vitamin360.com, all other interactive features and communications provided by Vitamin360.com, and to any and all data and information provided by you to Vitamin360.com at call centers, events, or promotions, and all data and information provided by you or collected through your membership in the Vitamin360.com Loyalty Program, however accessed and/or used, that are operated by us, made available by us, or produced and maintained by Vitamin360.com (or “we”, “us”, or “our”).
1. What Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the website, personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is information that you may supply to us, as described more fully below, i.e., when you make a purchase, obtain a subscription, complete a survey or participate in a promotion, attend or participate in a program, register on the website, upload content to a website or app, participate in a community, or provide your e-mail address. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the website and use of the internet (“Non-Personal Information”).
In order to provide you with the best customer experience, we occasionally ask you to tell us a little about yourself. The type of personal information we collect when you register on or use our website, checkout online may include the following (“Personal Information”):
- Your name, address, telephone number, birthdate, and email address.
- Credit or debit card information.
- Loyalty Program Membership number and expiration date.
- Passwords and usernames associated with our website and/or to authenticate your participation in a program or purchase of goods or services.
In addition, when you interact with the website, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually and to the extent you interact with our website, interactive communications or apps, our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our website. Generally, we collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Non-identifiable demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code.
- Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access certain of the website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the website.
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of visit, date of visit, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
- Other information regarding your visits to and use of the website that is not Personal Information.
2. Collection of Your Source IP Address/Location Information
We may collect and store location information about you associated with your account that you volunteer on or at a website or enable to be collected through certain of the website on your device. Except for the collection of your source IP address which may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the website, we do not collect any location information that you do not volunteer or enable. We will delete any location information that you request us to delete.
3. Collection of Personal Information Through Social Media Platforms or Using Your Social Media Logon
When you interact with any website page or account on a social media platform, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, or Pinterest, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account including your account ID or “handle.” However, we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms. If you publish your social media profile to Vitamin360.com, we may collect personal information that you make available as part of that profile.
4. Collection of Information From Other Sources
We also may collect information about you that we may receive from other sources to, among other things, enable us to verify, update information contained in our records and to better customize the website for you. We may also collect Personal Information from credit reporting agencies to, for example, determine your creditworthiness, credit score, and credit usage, in accordance with applicable laws.
5. Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information Through Surveys, Sweepstakes and Promotions
6. Collection of Third Party Personal Information Through Tell-A-Friend Feature
We may from time to time conduct a referral service to introduce people you know to our website. If you choose to use our referral service to tell someone about our website or a discount on the website, we will ask you for your contact’s name and email address. We will automatically send your contact a one-time email inviting him or her to visit one or more of the website. We store this information for the purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your contact may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
7. How We Use Your Information
You can browse our website without telling us anything personal about yourself. But we need some Personal Information to do many things on or at the website. For example, we can’t ship your order if we don’t know your address. Your Personal Information also helps us provide personalized support. We use your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to:
- Process a purchase made online or with a credit card in store.
- Process a return or exchange of a previously purchased item.
- Assist you with questions about products, delivery, billing or other issues.
- Register you for an account on our website or for an event.
- Facilitate an easier, customized online or in-store experience when you register on our website or give us your preferences.
- Improve product offerings or services in your area or in-store.
- Send email receipts, order confirmations and delivery confirmations.
- Send customized mailings and emails with special offers, information and notices.
- Provide benefits and content for Loyalty Program members.
- Enable posting and follow-up of customer comments, reviews and suggestions.
- Confirm your identity to help prevent fraud or theft.
- Facilitate your participation in communities, forums, or other areas where you contribute content, reviews, or other feedback.
- Administer your participation in a contest, sweepstakes, survey, or other event.
- Evaluate, improve and administer our services, products and programs.
- Utilize services administered or hosted by one of our contracted service providers or in-store associates.
8. Use of Your Location Information
Further, we use your location information specifically to:
- Personalize content on the website, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website, and interactive communications and their purchasing patterns as well as targeted communication via our mobile devices.
9. Combination of Your Personal Information
We use the information from the Website or elsewhere in our network distribution channels, websites, apps, and other interactive features, or in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated or franchised by Vitamin360.com, and we may combine information gathered from multiple sources into a single customer record or analysis or report. We also use and/or combine information that we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your customer records.
10. When We Can Share Your Information
- A delivery service (e.g. DPD, GLS) when a purchase or return is being shipped.
- A contracted service provider (or an affiliate of a contracted service provider) in the administration or performance of any aspect of our business operation or Website (e.g. payment processing).
- Advertisers or other companies with whom we have a marketing relationship in order to send you information/offers that we believe will be of interest to you.
- An affiliated business of Vitamin360.com or Vitamin360.com franchisee.
- A business party to whom Vitamin360.com or a Vitamin360.com asset is sold, transferred or used as security, as part of that transaction.
- Law enforcement officials or judicial authorities when required of Vitamin360.com or any of our service providers. This includes: matters involving claims of personal or public safety; in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order; a request by an investigative body in the case of a breach of agreement or contravention of law; in litigation involving Vitamin360.com or a contracted service provider; or as otherwise required by law.
- Appropriate persons in emergency situations as we determine reasonably necessary to protect and defend our rights or property, you, or any of our other customers, employees, agents, or users.
- Appropriate persons or entities to assist in debt collection where you owe a debt to us.
- Appropriate persons or entities in conjunction with fraud protection.
11. Accessing & Controlling Your Personal Information
Privacy Preferences / Opting-Out
When you register on or at one of our Website or provide us with your email address, you are automatically opted in to receive marketing emails about our products, services, sales and offers.
You may change your marketing preferences or remove yourself from our mailing lists by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of promotional emails or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. Please note, however, that you generally cannot opt-out of service related announcements, e.g. if delivery of a product or service is delayed.
Access to Personal Information
You may request access to the Personal Information we have about you. For detailed instructions, please contact us.
12. Security of Your Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of Personal Information in our custody and control. We also are committed to employing reasonable technology and processes in order to protect the security of the Website. However, even with the best technology, no location is 100% secure. Where possible, we will ask that any third parties to whom we transfer your Personal Information to take comparable steps to protect that security.
When you place orders on or through the Website, all of your order information, including your card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using SSL technology, which encrypts your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. This is designed to prevent someone other than operators of the Website from capturing and viewing your Personal Information. If your Web browser or device cannot support this level of security, you will not be able to order products through the Website. Nearly all current internet browsers and devices can support a secure connection. Visit your browser or device’s website to download a current version.
To provide you with an increased level of security, online access to your Personal Information is protected with a password that you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. Vitamin360.com will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (including unsolicited correspondence, such as letters, phone calls or e-mail messages).
13. Use and Operation of Our Website
Intended Site Use:
Website and any interactive features are not intended or designed to attract users under the age of 18. We do not collect Personal Information from any person we know to be under the age of 18. If you are under 18, we ask that you not send us any Personal Information.
The Website and any interactive features are intended for users from the United States and the European Union and those not governed by privacy policies of other countries.
We may use various services of third parties to collect and use anonymous information about your visits to and interactions with the Website through the use of technologies such as cookies to personalize advertisements for goods and services. Some of these personalized advertisements will impact your experience on the Website and interactive features. To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third party partners, visit the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
The Website may also use a technology called tracer tags. These may also be referred to as Clear GIFs or Web Beacons. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on the Website. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor the Website for you and future visitors.
Do Not Track:
14. How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Vitamin360.com, its affiliates, or its service providers may retain Personal Information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
16. Policy Changes and Getting More Information
If you have any questions about our handling of Personal Information, you may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.